Designed by Russell, Chief Architect CPWD in 1918 and completed in 1931, the building is a striking composition of a Neo Classical façade with a monumental flight of steps. A study in Edwardian Classicism of the period, the handsome structure dominates the urban node at the junction of Mandir Marg and Peshwa Road. The comprehensive conservation project aimed at the restoration of the historic school building in 2007. It is now undergoing a pioneering seismic retrofit for the heritage structure as a pioneering model for other schools in Delhi.
New Delhi Municipal Council
Restoration 2007-09; Seismic Retrofit – 2012-13